Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing #18--Online Productivity Tools

I used ZoHo Writer to publish the below scavenger hunt. Not sure how to get it so you can see the whole page but was impressed with the abilities the word processor came with. I am a die hard Word fan and thought the basic features given with ZoHo would be at least a beginners area with my middle school students. One of the things that I liked about Zoho was the fact that you could collaborate online with only the users that you added. This might be a plus with teachers that are hesitant to use wikis. On the downside, it does not import graphics that you may have in your document the greatest. You would have to upload the graphics separately into Zoho to get the same results as your Word document. Overall, it is something that I would love to use at school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using Zoho Writer and posting about it! We'll sure try improving the way we handle images during import.

Arvind
http://zoho.com

lamslibrarylady said...

This can be something that we can work on together. My middle school students are always up to a challenge of trying something new. Give me some lessons, show me how my students can use this over google docs, and ZoHo can be used more in a public school setting. Let me know if you are interested.

Laurie L said...

I understand that Google recently purchased Zoho. That is an important development, since a great product will now be even better.

Arvind said...

Laurie : Zoho is part of the privately held AdventNet and we haven't been bought by Google.

Arvind
http://zoho.com