Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thing #9--Useful School Library/News Blogs

I typed "school library grants" for each blog search tool that was listed and out of all the resources given for help in locating blogs on the net there were three that stood out for me: Topix.net--interesting because of the local news, Google Blog Search--very ease to use and Blog Pulse--targeted what was being blogged about at that current time and helped with a few blogs that could give further information about grants.

The others were okay but I found myself overwhelmed with the searching of information when you did pop up a blog. Just like clicking on link after link after link on a website because you get sidetracked I found myself doing the same thing with many of the blogs.

I did find a blog called newtoolsforschoollibrarianship which was created by someone on the School Library Learning Team and thought the blog was very informative. I added it to my Google Reader to keep abreast of anything new going on in the field.

No comments: