Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thing #14 Exploring Technorati and learning how tags work with blog posts

Since I am new to posting to my blog I was not worried about tagging my writings to reflect the information in my blog for others to read if they wanted. I signed up for Technorati but have not seen any of my posts so far but I was searching their site and found other sites to review.

It is hard to search for noteworthy information at times. Some sites hit the mark with information and then others have not posted in a while. Blogging is great at times but it seems to me that everyone is starting to do it and then how do I tailor the search to limit what I see and then how relevant is it to my project?

For example, I searched for "middle school library" or "middle school libraries" and came up with a lot of blogs. Out of the hundreds that appeared only two gave me information that I could use to help my library. How many hours did I spend on this . . . 3.5!

No comments: