Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #22--E-books and AudioBooks

I've been using NetLibrary for my audiobook download. I like to listen to them while I am in the kitchen cooking since that is the only time my three boys are not harrassing me as much. I would like to try to download an audiobook and have it work through my blue tooth but haven't done that yet. I really like http://www.storylineonline.net from the Screen Actors Guild. The actors read the book, it has captions and sometimes shows the page. I consider it an audiobook and use it with my special education students that I get once a week. They love it and it is something different for them to experience besides having me read to them. The site doesnt have a lot of books yet but the books they provide are pretty good. Give it a try.

1 comment:

Laurie L said...

Thanks for recommending Screen Actors Guild read-alouds. I am putting the link on my library's web page. I think both parents and teachers can use it. Also, I LOVE Blonde in Library. A good yuk!

I did 23 Things back in the winter, and am finding it so useful. Have a good school year using it with your kids--